When the sun goes down, many creatures come to life--especially underwater. In the ocean, eels, octopi, lobsters and other nocturnal animals emerge from their holes to hunt and forage. Plankton and other microorganisms glow in the dark like neon sparks. It truly IS an entirely different world!
However, scuba diving at night can be intimidating until you learn the tools and techniques to keep you safe and comfortable. Why not sign up TODAY for the Night Diver class to explore a whole new world of diving wonders?
The following is included in the program:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of night diving
- Proper procedure for buoyancy control, navigation and communication
- Use of dive lights and buddy-system techniques
- Disorientation and emergency procedures
- Orientation to nocturnal aquatic life
Note: A Night dive conducted during the PADI Advanced Open Water course may be counted toward Night Diver certification requirements, at the discretion of the specialty instructor.